Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Some of the happenings......

I don't have access to my pictures right now but I give a verbal update on everything in the Law house.
On March 29th, I ran the Knoxville Half Marathon. I didn't do as good as I have done in past years, but I did good considering the training that I had done up to the race. Bobby brought little Reesey to the race and met at a couple of different points along the route to cheer me on. That was really nice and I loved it! Since it was Reesey's first birthday the very next day after the race, I wore a picture of her on back with the words, "Happy Birthday, Reese!". I had a lot of comments along the way about her picture. It was hard to believe that one year before that day I was in the hospital with a newborn baby.
Reese loved her birthday cake when we did give it to her. She didn't really even make a mess when she ate it! She started walking about a week and 1/2 after she turned one. Now that it is nearly a month later, she is practically running!
Hunter, Shelby, and Brooke are into their baseball seasons. Shelby and Brooke are on the Braves and Bobby is the head coach. Hunter is the Dodgers and Bobby is assistant coach on that team. I don't think he will make that big of a committment next time. It sure is wearing him out!
For Easter, H and S were with their dad so Bobby and I went to B'ham and took little Reesey. It was her first Easter even though she was already one. The funny thing was that it was her cousin Jake's first Easter too. It was really good to see Jake since we hadn't seen him since he was born in the hospital. He is getting really big and catching up to Reese quickly!
Shelby and Reese had their annual parade at the Children's Center (where they go to school). Reese's theme was Twinkle Little Star, and Shelby's class were Indians. I have some really cute pictures of Shelby in her costume and with braided hair! She did a great job walking through the parade and was so cute!
The kids are still in Awana at church every Wed. night. I enjoy taking them but will be somewhat glad when school is out and we don't have that commitment every week. Wednesdays are crazy evenings and we don't get home until close to 9:00!! That is tough for a school night.
On April 17th ( a Friday) I took a day off from work and kept Shelby with me. We had a special day and she loved it! We had breakfast at Chick Fil A, then nails done. After that I had a hair apppointment and she went with me. Then we went shopping at the mall and ate Chick Fil A again for lunch!! Then more shopping before we picked the other kids up. She is such a special girl and I am glad that we had a special day together.
This past Sunday Bobby and I took Reese to the Smokies for her first hike through Abrams Falls. She really enjoyed it! Bobby carried her on the backpack and we hiked 2.5 miles to the falls. I brought a picnic and we spent a lot of time letting Reese play in the water. She was scared at first, but quickly warmed up to it and had a great time! Then, we hiked the 2.5 miles back to the car where she slept most of the way. We ate at the Back Porch, our favorite restaurant in Townsend, on the way back to Knoxville. We got home around 8:30 that night and it was pretty much a perfect day.

No comments: