Thursday, August 21, 2008

AWANA

We had a great time at church last night. I have enrolled Hunter and Shelby in AWANA-it stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed, 2 Timothy 2:15.
It is a Bible centered youth organization providing weekday clubs at church. They LOVED it! Shelby is in the "Cubbies" 3 and 4 year olds. She has a vest she wears that she can earn patches on as she memorizes Bible verses. She has her little Cubbie tote that she carries to and from class. Hunter is in the Sparks. They are divided by grade levels. They played games, went on the playground, had a lesson, and seemed to have a great time. His first verse to learn is John 3:16. His vest and tote is on order and coming soon. I took a really cute picture of Shelby with her vest and tote and will post it tonight when I download it off of my camera. Reese went into the nursery and Bobby and I stared taking a class as well. It is a marriage class and we are really excited about it. It goes for six weeks and at the end of it we are going to the premire in Knoxville of Fireproof ( a new movie). It is a Christian movie that is about dedicating yourself to your marriage. All firmen and law enforcement (and their spouses) get to get free tickets. We are really excited about it. Look it up on the internet and watch the trailer. (fireproofthemovie.com) It looks great.
We have a big weekend. Shelby and Hunter have baseball practice, we are having a neighborhood cookout on Sat. night, we have a birthday party to go to on Sunday, and I will go on a long run with my friends.
Check back for my little Cubbie picture!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

My heart is soo HAPPY to hear that the kids are in AWANA!!!

I spent my summers as a kid at Camp AWANA in Fredonia, WI. The one and only Camp AWANA. :)

I can't wait to get my little guy in too.