Monday, August 11, 2008

Zoo trip

Saturday I took my kids and met my good friend Stephanie and little boy Cade at the zoo. It has kind of become a ritual that we go to the zoo together. I always get the year pass and it had been a while since we had gone. Bobby was playing golf until early afternoon and Stephanie send her husband away too so it was just us and the kids. The weather was wonderful and it felt so good outside..not too hot at all. The kids loved the huge sand box at Kids Cove as usual. You can see them in the pictures in the giant bird's nest and bird's egg. They were really well behaved and we took them to McDonalds for lunch. They may have loved that as much as the zoo because they played on the playground ( a really big one for a McDonalds) for about an hour.
We went to church on Sunday and then took all the kids (Brooke was with us then) to Chilis. The kids are excited about starting Awana at church on Wednesday night. It is the kick off night and there is going to be games, dunking booth, and the fire dept. will be spraying kids with their hoses. It should be a good time.
I have a crazy week. Monday-PTA committee meeting at Chilis, Tues-Board meeting at Children's Center (Shelby and Reese's school), Wed-kick off for Awana at church Thurs-NOTHING but playing with the kids Friday-hair appointment (I can't wait!!!) The kids will be at their dad's house this weekend so I will be cleaning the house, running with my friends, and taking care of little Reese.




No comments: