Monday, August 4, 2008

Gatlinburg in a Day

When Bobby got home from playing golf on Saturday afternoon he surprised me with a little trip to Gatlinburg. So..we quickly packed stuff for overnight and left. We had reservations at The Peddler--our favorite restaurant there. They have the best salad bar I have ever been to. Reese was such a good little traveler and loved her first trip to Gatlinburg. We walked along the street with Reese in the stroller and enjoyed each other's company. It was nice to have some time with him since we have such busy lives with his two jobs, my job, and our kids. The next morning we got dressed, had a pancake breakfast, and went down to Bass Pro Shop. We enjoyed shopping around there for a while and ate lunch in the Fish Company there. They had great bread! Our waitress was not all there, though.
We got home around 3:00 or so. It was such a nice relaxing weekend. I even had energy to do a lot of cleaning that was a little overdue yesterday afternoon.
Hunter starts 1st grade in one week from today. I helped with a breakfast for the teachers this morning since it was there first day back. I am on the Teacher Appreciation Committee at West Hills Elementary. I don't have much time to help too much, but I do what I can.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

I am so jealous!!! BUT, so happy to hear that you had quality time with Bobby and were able to get away and relax. Hugs to you, buddy!